Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Science in Aerospace Engineering
Level of Qualification|Semesters|ECTS
Bachelor | Semestral | 5
Year | Type of course unit | Language
3 |Mandatory |Português
Total of Working Hours | Duration of Contact (hours)
135 | 60
Recommended complementary curricular units
Mode of study
1. Entrepreneurship and innovation
2. Build a team and leading people
3. Business ideas and opportunities
4. Strategic and operational marketing plan
5. The environment and the industry
6. The legal forms of an enterprise
7. Financing: debt or equity
8. Economic and financial aspects
9. The investment
10. The management of the business
Explanation of the historical progress of the theories and method of entrepreneurship in the world and, in particular, in Portugal; Provide a set of techniques to enunciate, run, and manage a business idea; Present means and paths to theoretical and practical analyses of the internal and external business environments; Activate an entrepreneurial attitude in the student; To encourage the understanding of the detection process and business opportunities analysis; Supply means for the analysis of the possibility and the feasibility of an economic and financial business.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
The student should be able to:
- Embrace the entrepreneurial process; Know the different areas of management that are fundamental to create and to manage a company; Assess the possibility of entrepreneurial business ideas; Run a business plan with the respective operational, strategic, marketing, economic and financial plans; Examine the feasibility of a business entrepreneur.
Teaching methodologies and assessment
The theoretical and practical lessons will be based on exposure of the program contents and in the realization of economic and financial analysis. With the objective to enhance the learning can be also used audiovisual methods. It is intended to encourage students to participate actively in class and in the continuous evaluation process (volunteer), developing their critical capacity and their skills for an effective personal study.
It will be privileged methods in particular assets through the use of group work, individual research work (business plan) and role-playing.
1) Group Work (up to 3 elements) ¿ Study of an innovative company (deadline: April 8, 2015 - paper delivery) ¿ 20%
2) Individual work which will be presented and discussed by the students (delivery deadline: May 20, 2015; paper delivery)
2. a) Business idea ¿10%
2. b) Business plan ¿ 40%
2. c) Presentation and discussion ¿ May 27 and June 3, 2015 ¿ 15%
3) Active participation in the classroom ¿ 15%
Delaire, G. (1986). Commander ou motiver? Paris: Les Éditions d¿Organization.
Cunha, M. P., Rego, A., Cunha, R. C. & Cabral-Cardoso, C. (2007). Manual de Comportamento Organizacional e Gestão. Lisboa: Editora RH.
Ferreira, M. P., Santos, J. C. & Serra, F. R. (2010). Ser Empreendedor ¿ Pensar, Criar e Moldar a Nova Empresa. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo.
Saraiva, P. M. (2011). Empreendorismo. Coimbra: Imprensa da Universidade de Coimbra.
Sarkar, S. (2014). Empreendorismo e Inovação. Lisboa: Escolar Editora.
Silva, E. S. & Monteiro, F. (2014). Empreendorismo e Plano de Negócio. Porto: Vida Económica.