The study cycle in Dramatic Arts - Training of Actors at the Lusófona University of Porto represents the implementation of the training of actors and the teaching of the performing arts at the university level in the city of Porto, with evident significance in terms of offer throughout the northern region of the country.
Focusing on the technical and intellectual training of the actor, and expressing a renewing intention with meaning on the national scene, the cycle of studies makes the connection between the knowledge founded on the current practice of the performing arts and academic education, providing the basis for the historical and theoretical exploration of theater and other types of performance.
It counts for that, in its faculty, with a set of creators and pedagogues involved in the current creative practice, of recognized excellence, not only in the area of ¿¿implantation of the course, but at national level.
The study plan responds to the need to introduce the student to the real environment of professional practice, providing in all semesters work guided by reputable professionals and aimed at the presentation of exercises and final shows.
Accredited - A3ES Decision
Date of the Board Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Bachelor |6 Semesters |180 ECTS
National access competition/tender:
Having completed the 12th grade;
A grade higher than 95 points (range 0-200), in one of the following entrance exams:
12 Arts and Culture History
15 Portuguese Literature
Special competition/tender for those over the age of 23.
Special competition/tender for higher education graduates and Diplomas in Specialized Technology.
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
This cycle of studies represents the implementation of the actors trainning and the teaching of the performing arts at the university level in the northern region of the country. It thus responds to a disconnection already diagnosed with training in its specific area. It considers the university as a system of reflection, of experimentation, looking for the connection between the academic world and the professional system, which is very significant in the city of Porto. The regular presence of professionals from the artistic sector, as well as the existing protocols with the main institutions of the city, are testimony to this connection to the artistic and professional terrain that is stated as one of the main characteristics of the course. In addition to learning in the field of performing arts, transversality is encouraged with other training offerings (namely with a Degree in Audiovisual and Multimedia Communication) thus broadening the horizon of students' knowledge
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
Graduates in Dramatic Arts - Training of Actors from Universidade Lusófona do Porto will have the following skills:
- acting skills for theater, performance, cinema and audiovisual;
- critical and cognitive skills that allow the future interpreter / creator to identify and project their practice in the context of artistic contemporaneity;
- critical contact with the culture - textual, technical and theoretical - of the performing arts and interpretation in the diversity of its resources and languages;
- discursive or performative skills, which allow positioning in the systems of creation, diffusion and / or investigation of the performing arts according to self-sufficiency and multifaceted paradigms;
- understanding of the performing arts and acting as a field capable of absorbing a diversity of languages and mediations;
- technical skills capable of satisfying the demands made on the professional of the performing arts field, namely in career management and project dynamism, with attention to the recent transformations verified in the contexts of production, diffusion and reception of the dramatic arts;
- acquisition of instruments that allow the pursuit of advanced studies in related scientific areas;
- practical and theoretical training covering and relating areas such as performance / creation, communication, applied technologies, aesthetics and theory of art, and the dramatic arts.
Equipments and venues
The course has specific facilities for practical classes, as well as various equipment in the area of cinema, audiovisual and multimedia. The Institution offers a variety of resources to support learning, from physical resources (classrooms with multimedia equipment, library, ICT resources, pedagogical and scientific equipment,..., including aspects related to safety and the environment, as well as specific needs of students with disabilities) to support mentoring, supervision and counseling, promoting the respective publicity with students.
The training acquired allows the continuation of postgraduate studies (master's and | or PhD) in the areas of performing arts, teaching, socio-cultural animation, among others correlated.
The training acquired enables professional paths as an actor (theater, cinema or television) as a director, playwright, stage assistant, director of actors, monitor of socio-cultural animation, trainer or teacher in the field of theatrical studies, producer of theatrical events and art programmer of the Show.
Artes | Artes do espectáculo