The 1st cycle in Environmental Engineering combines a solid history in Lusophone University of Porto over 20 years, an updated curriculum and training in areas of great interest today.
This course is strongly valued with scientific, practical and technological knowledge in the various areas that compose the environmental engineering, particularly in the treatment of effluents and solid waste, environmental impact studies, water resources, study of natural ecosystems , environmental and quality management, sustainability planning, among others.
The faculty in Environmental Engineering is formed by career teachers, researchers and business professionals with great experience, thus promoting the employability of future graduates.
The operating mode can be in daytime and / or post-labor regime.
Accredited - A3ES Decision
Date of the Board Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Bachelor |6 Semesters |180 ECTS
National access competition/tender:
Having completed the 12th grade;
A grade higher than 95 points (range 0-200) in one of the following group of entrance exams:
02- Biology and Geology
07- Physics and Chemistry
In accordance with Decree 401/2007, of April 5.
Special competition/tender for those over the age of 23:
On completing 23 years of age by the 31st of December of the preceding year
Those not entitled access to higher education (if they have undertaken and been approved in the entrance test for the college they want to enter, they are entitled to the referred access).
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
Being a unique curriculum in terms of modernity, depth and interdisciplinary service of a high level of training in Environmental Engineering, the licensee is entitled to:
- Knowledge and training to work in different areas of the environment, being able to perform the characterization and classification of problems and propose their solutions;
- Critical analysis, versatility, self-reliance, ethical awareness and motivation to enter and lead multidisciplinary teams and complex projects as well as to keep up throughout life;
- Technical skills and knowledge that enable employability and enhancing the competitiveness of organizations in which they will enter.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
1 - Master the various scientific areas that make up the training in Environmental Engineering in order to be fit for the professional activity in its various forms;
2 - Plan, coordinate,carry out education environmental projects;
3 - Perform diagnostics, audits or other studies, as well as issuing opinions on matters of environmental nature;
4 - Support studies and environmental impact assessments;
5 - Participate in training activities as trainer, transmitting technical knowledge in a structured and systematic manner on issues of environmental area;
6 - Be responsible for environment sector corporations and other public or private bodies;
7 - Support industrial licensing process;
8 - Support planning studies and planning;
9 - Participate in projects of research and development of new technologies, materials and processes related to the environment.
The Degree in Environmental Engineering enables the frequency of masters, postgraduate courses in Environmental Engineering or other related fields such as Management, Geography, Health and Safety, Quality,...
The future graduates are able to perform professional duties with varied skills:
- Environment departments of central government departments;
- Departments or environmental services in the private sector;
- Non-governmental organizations and environmental associations;
- Professional in: diagnoses, audits and studies of environmental impact, support the industrial licensing process, providing technical advice in the areas of environment and energy, planning, coordination and implementation of training, education and environmental awareness.
Engenharia e técnicas afins | Ciências da vida | Ciências físicas