Accredited - A3ES Decision
Date of the Board Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Bachelor |6 Semesters |180 ECTS
National access competition/tender:
Having completed the 12th grade;
A grade higher than 95 points (range 0-200) in the following group of entrance exams:
07- Physics and Chemistry and 16- Mathematics
In accordance with Decree 401/2007, of April 5.
Special competition/tender for those over the age of 23:
On completing 23 years of age by the 31st of December of the preceding year
Those not entitled access to higher education (if they have undertaken and been approved in the entrance test for the college they want to enter, they are entitled to the referred access).
Special competition/tender for higher education graduates and Diplomas in Specialized Technology:
(In accordance with Decree-Law No. 393-B/99, of 2 October;
In accordance with Ordinance No. 854-A/99, of 4 October;
In accordance with Decree-Law No. 88/2006, of May 23).
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
The Degree in Civil Protection Engineering aims to train staff with a solid understanding of concepts, strategies and instruments, and a systemic view to take a proactive approach and present themselves as true agents change in the current context of globalization.
Intends to respond to the urgent need to increase overall qualifications of agents of Portuguese Civil Protection and Safety and from different organizations of the Third Sector, responding to a demand both at regional and national level, that becomes for vthe fact that does not exist in any Portuguese university a program with the profile offered by ULP.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
1. General education in areas of basic engineering;
2. Very deep knowledge of the National System of Civil Protection that allows an integrated view of the principles, players and technologies in the area.
3. Integrated view on the questions of risk, nature and methodologies for evaluation, and accident history of the most emblematic of civil protection.
4. Expertise to the practice of various acts of Engineering for Civil Protection, in particular studies, projects and emergency plans and safety and security audits and examinations.
5. Leadership and management in situations of crisis or emergency.
6. Capacity for self-learning, communication and application of knowledge acquired, to assess situations, making decisions on issues within the training area and the reasons in the scientific, social and ethical aspects.
Civil Protection agents
Humanitarian organizations and other Third Sector Organizations
Local Authorities / Fire and Civil Protection Municipal Services
Security departments of private companies and government departments
Companies operating in the areas of Civil Protection and Security
Engenharia e técnicas afins | Engenharia e técnicas afins - programas não classificados noutra área de formação