Accredited - A3ES Decision
Date of the Board Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Bachelor |6 Semesters |180 ECTS
National access competition/tender:
Having completed the 12th grade;
A grade higher than 95 points (range 0-200) in the following group of entrance exams:
07- Physics and Chemistry and 16- Mathematics
In accordance with Decree 401/2007, of April 5.
Special competition/tender for those over the age of 23:
On completing 23 years of age by the 31st of December of the preceding year
Those not entitled access to higher education (if they have undertaken and been approved in the entrance test for the college they want to enter, they are entitled to the referred access).
Special competition/tender for higher education graduates and Diplomas in Specialized Technology:
(In accordance with Decree-Law No. 393-B/99, of 2 October;
In accordance with Ordinance No. 854-A/99, of 4 October;
In accordance with Decree-Law No. 88/2006, of May 23).
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
The Degree in Civil Protection Engineering seeks to train specialists with a solid framework of knowledge, a systemic vision and an entrepreneurial and proactive attitude that enables them to be leaders and drivers of change in organizations. As a high-level university proposal open to all age groups, it challenges young people to embrace a less conventional but also challenging and rapidly developing activity, while offering to current employees a new opportunity for academic qualification and professional development, responding to the demands of specialization and increasing requalification of assets, better preparing them for the challenges of a very complex activity, where the human factor is of vital importance.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
1. General training in basic areas of Engineering and systemic and entrepreneurial vision on the area of training of the course.
2. In-depth knowledge of the National Civil Protection System and its Agents that allows an integrated view of the principles, competences, performance and technologies of the area.
3. Idem, the problem of risk, nature and methodologies for its assessment, and the history of most emblematic accidents of civil protection in national and international space.
4. Specialized knowledge for the practice of different acts of Civil Protection Engineering, namely carrying out studies, projects and emergency and security plans, including SCIE, and security inspections, audits and expertise.
5. Ability to lead and to plan and manage crises or emergencies.
6. Capacity for self-learning, communication and application of acquired knowledge, assessment and decision-making in various problems in the area of training with the corresponding relevant scientific, social and ethical foundation.
Equipments and venues
All the infrastructures of the Universidade Lusófona do Porto, including specialized laboratories and equipped for different scientific areas. The Institution offers a variety of resources to support learning, from physical resources (classrooms with multimedia equipment, library, ICT resources, pedagogical and scientific equipment,¿, including aspects related to safety and the environment, as well as needs. specific needs of students with disabilities) to support mentoring, supervision and counseling, promoting the respective publicity with students.
The cycle of studies ensures adequate preparation, for the interested student, to continue their academic training through postgraduate studies, namely:
¿ Master in Civil Protection from Universidade Lusófona do Porto and other second cycle courses in areas other than Engineering, Civil Protection, Security, Geography, Risks, etc.
¿ Other postgraduate training, including doctoral studies in the same areas, especially.
Graduates are endowed with a solid knowledge base, a systemic vision and an entrepreneurial and proactive attitude that enables them as leaders and drivers of change, namely in:
¿ All Civil Protection Agents.
¿ Entities with a special duty of cooperation within the scope of the National Civil Protection System.
¿ Local Authorities / Civil Protection Services and all central and deconcentrated bodies of the State.
¿ Corporate Security Departments that have them under the law.
¿ Companies that operate in the areas of Civil Protection and Security.
¿ Liberal profession and all Third Sector organizations.
Their enrollment in professional engineering orders also enables them to carry out the Engineering Acts provided for in the legislation in force, as well as their qualification for carrying out SCIE projects of 3rd and 4th Categories ( through a mandatory specialization course).
Engenharia e técnicas afins